As you probably have noticed the site has been performing really badly lately, this is because the main two raided disks have been corrupted and can't be fixed easily. Because of this databases has broken down repeatedly but luckily so far they have been repairable. [more]
Due to the current unstable state and overall poor performance of the server (it hasn't been handling the late increase in load well) I've ordered parts for a new server at a bit over 1500 USD. Once they arrive, in more than a week probably, I will put it together and take the site offline to make a full backup of the raided disks. Then I'll copy the files over to the new server's SSD. Once that is done the site will resume normally, still running on the old server but on the backup disk. Then, for as long as I need, I will try to get the new server working with a new operating system and with better databases than what I'm currently using. It will be really tough migrating to a new OS/DB but once done the site should be able to handle a lot more visitors and deliver requests much faster. Meanwhile, in wait for the parts, I've moved the databases to a separate disk. It should make things more stable though I'm sure the site will still get unresponsive often.